Friday, February 16, 2007

Valentine's Day

I don't really celebrate V-day or really care for it because I find it really cheesy and too commercialisd. My friend says I am not romantic but hey, who defines romanticism anyway??

I remember the first time I got flowers (ugly flowers) from this stalker, I threw it into the dustbin immediately. I dislike flowers because I hate carrying the bouquet around and getting stares from people. It's even worse on V-day as the prices are exhorbitant. No way am I going to let those florists and hamper companies laugh all the way to the bank. I sniggered quite abit when I saw some guys buying flowers on V-day evening. Super last min. If you wanna send flowers, deliver a super big bouquet or order one unique one in advance! Moreover, not all bouquets are pretty. Some are just normal and plain and common. A nicely wrapped and accessorized (maybe with bears or keychains, etc) bouquet that is unique is the best. I saw this floral arrangement of a bouquet of flowers on a big champagne glass and on top are 2 bears. Quite a nice and unique arrangement. No expensive chocolates either, nor some expensive candle-lit dinner, all played up by the marketing promotions people to drum up more F&B sales.

It's perfectly fine to have a quiet dinner with your loved one and spend time together, appreciating each other on V-day as a gesture, which I feel is good enough. Making time for each other is very important and I wanna say thank you to my darling for doing so. HAha.

No comments: