Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Super duper pissed x infinity!!!

Sumiko Tan wrote about how she dreads Mondays at work in the Sunday Times. I totally agree with her. It’s always tough trying to “get your engine” started. Anyway it’s only Tuesday but I have been absolutely thoroughly and horribly pissed off, I just feel like declaring myself off from work for the rest of the week. I wish I could.

Anyway, I am so pissed, I am so pissed, I am so pissed, I am so pissed, I am so pissed, I am so pissed, I am so pissed, I am so pissed, I am so pissed, pissed, pissed, pissed! I wore a black face for 2 days already and I think I probably looked like I can kill. You know what, I absolutely detest this colleague of mine. She likes to play the “blame” game and her work “tai chi” is very good. When the boss asks her to do something, she will ask another person to do it and then give to the boss. Credit she take, errors she pinpoint that “Oh, so-so gave me the figures.”, “So-so did this”. She does not do it to me all the time of course some other colleague is at the worse receiving end because she is such a doormat. However I was so mad for this particular incident because the boss wanted some figures and she, as usual, told the boss, “Ok, I get Amy to check.” When this roly-poly woman told me about it, I was asking her a lot of questions because I don’t want to do it and find that it is not what is needed. I kept asking her what the purpose of it was for but she couldn’t tell me and kept on saying the boss wants it, you cannot get it from the system, you do it manually.

HEY! It’s not that I don’t want to do, it’s just that I already explained that this is not the correct way of deriving the figures and the system is not able to do it AND it’s a waste of time doing it as it is already wrong. I thought I will check with my Europe counterparts so I waited till evening and she had the cheek to ask me whether it’s done. She had the bloody cheek to tell me, oh this multiply by that, can you do it? Hello!! She is so free, everyday gossip on the phone and come to office eat breakfast for at least half an hour, she can jolly well find out a way to do it. Or simply just ask the person who sent her the figures how to do it. Simple matter, blown out of proportion just because she wants to delegate to people to do. Just cannot stand her attitude where she likes to throw balls in her court to other people.

Anyway I am not a pushover and I really gave her face. Today I overhead her talking on the phone about one of her friends’ daughter who just started work and always work late because she is a push-over and do things meekly. She even commented that this person has no “office survival” skills. Well, now I know why this woman is like a guerilla, so aggressive and scheming. Always do things to show boss that she’s working but behind actually… ah…

Bloody fxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx sianz. I really don’t feel like working. Anyway no prospects here also. So what if my managers think of me highly? I cannot grapple with such a horrid slippery woman. You know, the kind who pretends to be all nice and helpful in front of the boss and managers but oppress peers or subordinates? In any case, I will rejoice the day I don’t have to return here.

Whatever it is, I am glad I was fierce to her because I think today she dare not come near me or talk to me. Well, sorry, you have irked me enough and I am the kind of person that if you ruffle my feathers or wrong me, it takes a large amount of pleasantries or effort to try to make up. Perhaps a few days. Perhaps when I have stopped being angry, I will be cordial.

No comments: